Band 3 Medical Secretary (Harlow)
Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Pay: £9 - £11ph
Duration: Expected to be 3 months potentially longer
- To type patient letters, discharge summaries and general correspondence as dictated by the clinical team to a high degree of speed and accuracy
- To carry out diary management for the named consultant(s)
- To answer all incoming telephone calls and emails from patients, carers and other healthcare professionals in an efficient manner, referring to other departments and agencies as appropriate.
- Ensure all investigation results are readily available to the clinical staff and once signed and acted upon, filed correctly in the medical case notes.
- Support team members to deliver relevant work objectives by offering guidance and advice and assisting with training of new staff as appropriate.
- Audio typing of all correspondence from audiotape or dictation for the Consultants and their teams within set deadlines.
- Responsible for making patients' appointments and arranging admissions to the wards and for informing the patients of arrangements made.
- Responsible for providing a full secretarial service to the Consultant and his/her team.
- To be responsible for managing own workload and assisting other medical secretaries to provide a full secretarial service to other Consultants
We are an equal opportunities employer
- Audio Typing
- General Admin
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'