C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc. is a dynamic, growing privately owned corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with a history spanning more than 160 years. The company employs over 3,000 people in 20 manufacturing locations in the U.S., Canada and Western Europe. C.H. Guenther produces a variety of branded and private label food products for foodservice, quick serve restaurant, club and retail customers. To support our continuing growth, we are adding to their team in Banbury, recruiting into a number of roles.
- To work as a member of the production team to provide consistently high-quality products on time and to ensure high levels of customers satisfaction. Work in a safe manner, in compliance with health and safety legislation and with the Company’s guidelines and specifications.
- Maintain the Company standards and adhere to the Company’s values.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out production activity to a consistently high standard of quality
- Keep work area clean and tidy at all times
- Meet the duties and responsibilities required by Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, comply with Company policies and requirements. Report any issues to your manager or Safety Representative
- Always work in a safe manner, protecting yourself and others
- Carry out safe manual handling techniques
- Only use chemicals if trained to do so
- Wear the correct Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Use the right tools for the job (e.g. use colour correct trays)
- Report any machinery defects to the Engineering team/Manager
- Follow the training you have been given (e.g. to setup machines, carry out automated machine washes etc.)
- Support your colleagues in carrying out your duties
- Store equipment in a neat fashion (e.g. stack plastic trays neatly and sorted into colours)
- Adhere to high standards of food safety, food hygiene and quality standards
- Actively support a reduction in waste in your area
- Remove any non-conforming product to the waste bins
- Clean as you go, empty full bins, remove any waste from the floors and clean machinery
- Complete all paperwork and checks as required
- Carry out monitoring and adjustments as required
- Ensure correct stock rotation as required
- Liaise and work cooperatively with other sites and personnel as required
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required
Skills and Experience
- Experience as a production operative or a manufacturing operative is essential
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy required
- Proactive and able to adapt to new requirements
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to act in a professional and courteous manner
- Able to maintain good levels of attendance in line with company standard
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage change and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work with flour and dust
- Able to work on own initiative and able to work flexible hours
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'