A full-service creative agency based in central Brighton that brings together web design and development, creative communications, digital marketing and brand development.
We’re looking for a senior back end developer to join our team developing websites and web applications for a diverse portfolio of clients - from festivals to broadband providers. We develop our sites using an in-house CMS built on Laravel. The majority of our front end development is HTML5 and SASS with some Vue.js.
We're looking for a diligent, ambitious developers who are passionate about growing their skills and writing the best code they can. We need proactive problem-solvers who will work out solutions on their own but also know when to ask for help. It’s important that you have the communication skills to be able to explain complex solutions to non-technical stakeholders (internal and external) at all levels. You will thrive on analysing clients’ digital infrastructures and have the vision and tools to scale them up.About you:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Strong sense of initiative and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Professional communication skills.
- Experience with version control systems (Git).
- Ability to write quality OO code in PHP and experience with frameworks. E.g. Laravel, Symfony, Silex, etc...
- Experience with PHP frameworks, specifically Laravel
- Exposure to ES6/ES2015
- PHP - OOP fundamentals
- Test Driven Development
- An understanding of Agile methodologies
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures and consuming RESTful web services via HTTP.
- High standard of front-end web development skills (CSS Pre-processors, Responsive Web Design, Semantic HTML, Build Tools).