*POSITION: Baby Room Leader
LOCATION: Grays, RM17
*START DATE: ASAP! Room Leader role with opportunities to progress Deputy Manager!
*SALARY: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependant on qualification and experience)
HOURS 40 - 45 per week Monday - Friday
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join our large, well established company in a senior position. We are currently seeking a Baby Room Manager at our 88 Bridge Road Nursery.
Our nursery is currently rated as 'Good' by Ofsted with the aim of becoming 'Outstanding' in our next inspection! We are looking for a team player to lead the well qualified and experienced staff in the baby room team.
You will be responsible for:
- leading and managing the team of staff working within your identified room in providing the highest quality care & education for children which is in line with the statutory framework of the Early Years Foundation Stage
You will need:
Skills and experience:
- Minimum CACHE level 3, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a day care setting as a practitioner and preferably some experience working as a Room Head.
- Previous experience of caring for children aged 0-5
- An understanding of how children learn, and the early learning goals
- A passion to provide high quality childcare
- A positive approach to your own professional development
- Good written and verbal skills - for report writing, maintaining written records and sharing information with parents and colleagues
- Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- planning and delivering activities using the EYFS
- being a key worker and using our state of the art online learning journey called 'Tapestry'
- sharing information about your children's development with parents or carers.
- taking children on outings; completing risk assessments
- personal care routines
- observing children and writing reports
- making sure children are safe and well
- An ability to plan and prepare exciting and challenging activities for individuals and groups of children to promote their learning
- Excellent communication skills; with children, parents/carers and colleagues
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Confidence, commitment, enthusiasm and warmth - ensuring the children get the best care and start to their early learning.
- An ability to work as part of a team
You will need to demonstrate:
- A commitment to the company ethos of valuing children’s uniqueness and promoting partnership working
- A secure knowledge of the EYFS and basic knowledge of other relevant legislation including the EYFS, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Fire, Equalities etc
- An ability to effectively prioritize your work and manage your time to meet targets and deadlines.
- An ability to ensure that all company policies and procedures are implemented to the highest standards
- Effective communication skills and Outstanding customer service skills
In return, you will join a large team of passionate and experienced early years educators who have an excellent team dynamic, are hardworking and dedicated to giving their children the best starts in life.
28 days holiday per year - including guaranteed time off during Christmas and bank holidays every year when the Nursery closes!
Room Based Deputy Manager position also available should the right candidate come along!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job