This is a great opportunity for a good sales / business developer to really make their mark within an already successful business.
The role would suit somebody who enjoys the challenge of maximising revenues from existing & lapsed customers in addition to generating new business. The successful candidate will have worked previously in Internal Sales, as a Sales Representative, or in a Field Sales role and will initially focus on cross & up-selling into existing accounts. You will be provided with an extensive database that is ripe for introducing new products into.
My client manufactures goods that are supplied thought the UK and Europe. They remain family-owned and run. This makes them very passionate about what they do while taking the time to make sure that the workforce is valued and recognised. They currently have a team that has been focusing on developing, growing and account managing key accounts with large, national retailers and need somebody who can proactively grow the large portfolio of smaller accounts with independent retailers and distributors.
The role provides excellent variety for an experienced BDM (Business Development Manager) who enjoys a mix of internal sales along with getting out to customers and prospects on a regular basis.
The role: Internal & External Sales
Responsibilities will include:
- Internal sales - primarily calling existing clients and lapsed accounts and closing over phone
- Account management of smaller independent builders’ merchant accounts
- Attending trade shows and exhibitions
- Visiting clients in person and territory management - UK wide
- Building existing, lapsed & new client relationships
- Maintaining CRM & customer database
- Liaising with internal support functions & production.
You must have:
- Internal and/or external B2B sales experience
- The ability to close over the phone
- Good account management skills
- A full driving licence
- The desire to develop the role to a full 360° sales & account management role
- Prepared to travel throughout the UK - including London territories
- Experience within the Builders’ Merchant, Hardware or Tool sector is an advantage but not essential.
The role offers an attractive starting salary of £25K. A car/allowance, pension, and private healthcare package are also available.
Primarily based at the Willenhall offices you will be required to generate visits to clients two or three times a week from an existing database of current and dormant accounts.
Excellent prospects for progression and enhanced salary packages exist.
If you are a driven, self-motivated and ambitious sales professional with the desire to progress your career to the next level, and operate within the field, this could be just the position you are looking for.
Would suit experienced: Sales Agent, Internal Sales, Field Sales, Sales Representative, Sales Executive, Area Sales, Territory Sales, Business Development Executive.
Please apply now to avoid disappointment.
- Business Development
- Field Sales
- Building Relationships
- B2B sales
- Builders Merchants
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job