The Team and Role
Advanced 365 is the IT managed services brand of Advanced, one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing Software and IT services companies. We are hiring an Azure Consultant to work as part of our Professional Services team to champion the Cloud Management Platform, live and breathe Infrastructure Automation, support Hybrid Cloud Solutions, and weave various Azure Services into compelling business systems for our clients.
The Azure Consultant will design and build the next generation of Azure hosted business systems, becoming a key contributor supporting end-to-end private/public cloud application delivery, including infrastructure provisioning and integration with continuous integration/continuous development platforms.
This is a client facing role which will present the Azure Consultant with a broad range of challenges that they will be empowered to tackle
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect, design, deploy, maintain and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions using Microsoft Azure and underlying technologies
- Provide guidance and leadership to our customers and to other business units within Advanced
- Design and deliver secure cloud solutions on Azure
- Maintain account documentation, such as architecture diagrams and portal links
- Train and mentor more junior staff
- Undertaking individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions encompassing the full product lifecycle (Design, Deploy, Operate and Improve)
- Ensuring that all work is delivered with a minimum of customer impact and within the appropriate change control procedures
- Presenting proposals to clients both formally and informally through a variety of channels
- Assisting with pre-sales technical queries and input into tenders, quotes and bids
- Delivering and promoting quality, excellence and continuous service improvement for Professional Services engagements
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous technical architecture experience in defining secure and available solutions.
- Experience of designing and delivering secure cloud solutions on Azure with extensive knowledge of various cloud services.
- Prior experience of designing deployment strategies for cloud/virtualization and implementation best practices.
- Previous experience of designing solutions using IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Strong data modelling skills
- Strong background in Microsoft based applications
- Some Linux knowledge
- Working knowledge of setting up monitoring across Azure resources and processes around responding to alerts raised by the monitoring solution
- Experience in agile development
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Exposure to secure development methodologies
- The successful candidate will have strong automation skills, such as working with Azure Resource Manager and PowerShell scripting.
Hands on experience of working with the majority of the below tools & technologies:
- Azure SQL DB
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Cosmos DB
- Azure Search API
- Azure Machine Learning
- Service Bus
- Power BI
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Azure Service Fabric
- “Containers” (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Azure networking
Education / Qualifications
- Degree Level or equivalent
- Azure Cloud Architect certification preferred
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Join the A Team
Does this sound like the kind of role you are looking for?
If you are keen to join an organisation that is going through an exciting growth period at the moment then please apply via the link above.
Some of our Key Benefits are:
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech Companies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job