Are you a highly skilled AWS or Azure Big Data Architect? Are you looking for a new challenge?
Would you like a role which offers exposure to cutting edge programmes, learning new technologies and techniques, joining a team of like-minded Big Data Architects, engineers and analyst?
If the answer is yes to the above, this could be the perfect role for you.
My client is looking for both AWS and Azure Big Data Architects. You would be working for one of the biggest consultancy firms in the world, within a Big Data engineering team or within an analytics function to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS or Azure as part of Big Data or analytics solutions.
You will be getting involved with the full life cycle of designing and delivering cloud infrastructures to support modern analytical data solutions, primarily utilising AWS or Azure and have the opportunity to work with a wider product set. The projects you will be working on will be varied depending on client requirements, such as defining data transformation roadmaps.
Internally, you will help identify improved ways of working mentor junior and share knowledge.
In return, my client will offer professional development, accelerated career progression and an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
As the AWS or Azure Big Data Architect you should have the following experience:
- You will need to have a solid background in software engineering/ development (in Java, C# or COTS Product)
- Designing and deploying scalable fault tolerant systems on AWS Or Azure
- Estimating AWS/ Azure costs and identifying cost control mechanisms
- Experience of DevOps type operations - use of source control (GitHub, Stash), Build tools (Puppet, Jenkins, etc), continuous integration, test driven development (i.e. Cucumber, Lettuce etc)
- Experience of other Cloud Infrastructure providers, Big Data provisioning, usage and set up
- Familiarity of the Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera, Hortonworks, IBM, AWS, MicroSoft & Google)
- Hadoop administration, set up, security and tuning
- Data ingestion
- Kafka, Flume, Spark
- SQL on Hadoop tools
You must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
This role is unable to provide sponsorship.
Key skills: AWS, Amazon Web Services, Azure, big data, Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, IBM, Microsoft, Google, Java, C#, DevOps, SQL, Cucumber, architect, solution design, analytics, implementing, implementation, integration, requirements gathering
- Windows Azure
- Big Data
- Amazon Web Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job