My client is currently looking for at least 2 experienced AWS Cloud Architects to aid with their Digital revolution in Insurance, building a more sustainable business and finding innovative new ways to keep their customers safe, secure and informed.
My clients Cloud Programme is the biggest investment programme of any financial institution. They use the latest technology and work alongside leading suppliers to deliver a global automated, reliable and scalable cloud platform.
The platform is currently deployed to support the UK business. The next stage in the journey is to scale the platform globally to support the remaining markets.
As a AWS Cloud Architect you will be part of the Cloud Centre of Excellence. This team helps provide consultative, architectural, program and engineering support for customers' journeys to the cloud.
How will you spend your days?
- Leading technical delivery and design of the underlying global cloud platform and application projects
- Evaluating cloud architecture designs against best practices
- Focusing on customers to ensure a successful delivery of value
- Constantly investigating and evaluating industry trends and new cloud technologies for adoption in the cloud platform
- Leading a portfolio of activities
- Consulting with business, application and infrastructure teams, providing technical expertise to facilitate the smooth commissioning and transfer of existing (or build of new) applications into the cloud using the latest cloud and open source technologies
- Involvement in designing target cloud architectures from new “born in the cloud” to legacy applications
- Establishing a DevOps culture, building applications under continuous integration and deployment with platform automation in an enterprise environment
- Managing an architecture domain within the overall cloud platform
How to stand out?
- Passion and enthusiasm for technology and its adoption
- Ability to work with customers to help them deliver their vision
- Keep abreast with developments in the IT industry and retail market space to ensure that the architectures are kept in line with industry standard and only deviate for commercial benefit
- Proficient in AWS technologies and services. AWS certification is an advantage
- Amazon Web services (AWS) (e.g. VPC, EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda, S3, CloudTrail/Watch etc)
- Cloud Architecture (AWS)
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking and associated function (Quos/filter/routing)
- DNS/AD/Route 53
- Understanding of security principles such as HBAC/RBAC/PAM/MFA
- Automation and Deployment
- Configuration and Lifecycle Management
- CI/CD, DevOps, automated testing and modern SDLC methodologies
- Have demonstrable experience of working closely with defined architecture patterns and standards to create a roadmap for a platform
- A background in business and technology consulting across the lifecycle of information technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Expert communications and relationship management with strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and active use of industry frameworks and tools (e.g TOGAF, Zachman etc)
- Previous experience in IT Industry standards, services, design, architecture, principles design, architecture views and viewpoint design, building block design, solutions modelling and systems behaviour
What will you get for this role?
- £80,000 - £100,000 Basic DOE
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- 29 Days holiday allowance plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
London / Bristol / Norwich / Sheffield / York / Flexible (You will be required in the London office 2-3 days per week)
If this role is of interest, please press apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'