AWS Application/API Security Specialist
Skills: AWS, Security, API security, Application Security, SOAP/REST, Java, API, JWT, JWS/JWE, JOSE, OAUTH, OIDC, SAML, SSO, MFA, PAM, DLP, IDS, NCSC Cloud, Cloud, Azure, Monitoring, Firewall, Audit, SSL/TLS, API Gateways, AV, IDS/IPS/HIDS, Central Government, Public Sector, SC Cleared
Position: AWS Application/API Security Specialist
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months renewable, 2 year project
Rate: £500-£650 per day
Scope of work
- Hands-on specialist required to work with multiple teams developing public/private API, Web Interfaces utilising AWS products, to identify security requirements, design/develop and document the required security controls and components, provide in-depth technology input to other technology stakeholders, and be responsible for low level security design.
- Hands-on specialist to identify the security needs working with multiple teams developing public/private API, Web Interfaces utilising AWS products.
- Design/develop and document required security controls and components in collaboration with Tech Leads and Architects.
- Provide in-depth technology input to other technology stakeholders and be responsible for low level security design.
- Evaluation and implementation of the new products from security perspective
- 50/50 Code and Security Documentation split
- Detailed design and implementation of the PAM, IDS, DLP in AWS
- Prepare and present necessary security governance documentation in collaboration with Security Architect
- Define the counter measures for security risks and actively implement.
Essential skills and experience
- Have demonstrable experience of of AWS services and AWS security best practices.
- Have demsontrable experience of implementing prevention and proactive monitoring of advanced security attacks and emerging attack vectors.
- Have demonstrable experience in API security (SOAP/REST) and industry standard best practices to secure a public/private API hosted in cloud.
- Have demonstrable experience of implementing security aspects of application development cycle CI/CD.
- Have demonstrable experience of successfully delivering digital solutions that collect and manage personal and/or sensitive information with appropriate controls and protection.
- Have demonstrable hands-on development experience utilising Java, API Gateway/Management & Policy frameworks, SOAP & Resful APIs, JWT, JWS/JWE, JOSE..
- Have demonstrable experience of documenting low level security design and ability to work in a established design and governance process.
If you're interested please send me your updated CV and I will be in touch.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser:
- Application Security
- API Development
- SOAP & Resful APIs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"