Avionics Supervisor - Rotary - Merlin and Chinook
Due to growth and expansion our Bournemouth based, world leading scientific, technology and defence client is currently for an Avionics Supervisor on a contract basis.
An exciting opportunity to join our client as an Avionics Supervisor, you will be responsible determining a plan for servicing and maintenance and direct the activities the activities of the team. You will oversee the work, and authorise progression to the next stage. , and be required to satisfy yourself that all work has been carried out to the required standard and ensure that the aircraft/equipment paperwork is raised accurately and reflects the physical state of the aircraft/equipment no later than close of play each working day. You will also attend all the functional testing associated with the completed maintenance tasks. The post holder may be called upon to carry out independent checks on work carried out on other aircraft and complete the appropriate documentation including certifying aircraft fit for flight
Key Capabilities and knowledge.
* Apprenticeship in an aircraft engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
* Merlin and/or chinook type rating
* NVQs in engineering, or equivalent
* Human Factors experience
* Good fault identification and isolation skills.
* Good people management skills
* Good team working skills
* Good communications skills.
* Computer literate, and familiarity/training/access with specific aircraft maintenance information systems - GOLD ESP required
Experience and Qualifications
* Apprenticeship in Aero / Engineering (Certificate)
* Time served (Certificate)
* Human Factors (Certificate)
* Be able to achieve a BPSS with progression to SC
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to undergo security clearance and as such must have been a UK resident for the last 5 years.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and
commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
To see our full list of current vacancies, training courses, latest news or to find out any further information about Aeropeople please call the Recruitment team on or visit our website www.aeropeople.com
- Avionics Supervisor