Avionics Design Engineer - Aircraft Pods,
Our client is a highly successful global company they have an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Design Engineer to join their business. The Avionics Design Engineer (Engineer) is responsible for applying discipline domain expertise to the design, development and delivery of new products, processes and technologies.
The role is mainly to produce 2D designs and managing drawings, you need to have an avionics background and be familiar with hardware design and a good understanding of avionics equipment. You will be designing wiring drawings from Pods to PCB’s . CAD experience is required for this role, any package is fine.
The Engineer will typically be part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) and will contribute to the performance of the IPT to ensure that the performance expectations are met or exceeded. This will include, but is not limited to, the detailed avionic design of systems, subsystems, equipment and electronic assemblies used in airborne special mission systems and the assessment, analysis and simulation of their performance. The Engineer will provide the necessary documentation required by the Design Office to support end use certification. The Engineer shall employ the appropriate processes, practices and tools to ensure that responsibilities are completed to meet the required project requirements with the needed quality.
As an Avionics Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Familiarity with the product lifecycle from system requirements, architecture, design, integration, qualification, verification, through to production and support.
- Experience in the integration, qualification and test of one or more of the following: radar, electronic warfare, communications and / or surveillance systems for an airborne environment.
- Expertise in the integration, qualification and test of products containing RF, analog and digital hardware, software and embedded software.
- Experience of aircraft systems, platform integration, and associated regulatory environment including, but not limited to security, EMC, TEMPEST, RoHS, WEEE, Mil Stds, Def Stans, EASA, FAA.
As an Avionics Design Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work.
- Progress avionic design elements of a project as an activity integrated with all other design inputs from within an integrated project team, in order to develop the compliant design solution.
- Leading small design teams when required.
- Application of discipline domain knowledge to the design, development and delivery of new products, processes and technologies on time, within budget and with required quality.
- Continued development of discipline competence and expertise.
- Application of, and compliance with, engineering processes and practices including engineering framework, LCM and regulatory requirements
- Identification of opportunities for improvement in discipline processes, practices and tools
- Collaboration with other project team members to address project requirements
- Collaboration with discipline peers within the team, BU and company to share and learn best practice
- Support the implementation of design review practice in accordance with LCM project governance
- Identify and document as needed our intellectual property such as trade secrets, patents and controlled information
- Contribute to business winning technical proposals
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent
Keywords - Design, Avionics, 2D Design, PCB’s, Wiring Drawings, Aircraft Systems, Hardware Design, Avionics Equipment
Avionics Design Engineer - Aircraft Pods
Salary - Competitive
Location - Bournemouth, Dorset
- Design Development
- Hardware Development
- Wiring Diagrams
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job