This role is to provide permanent site-based AVAYA UC technical skills within the DPS Technical Resource Group as a residential engineer.
You will have demonstrable experience of delivery and support for AVAYA CM 6/7 solutions, effectively undertaking support and MAC work logged by the customer via the Service Desk. You will manage your own workload, with the ability to escalate technical issues outside of your ability to Senior Engineers/AVAYA whilst effectively managing business and customer expectations.
Location: Customer site in Peterborough/Leeds
Hours: Monday to Friday - 40 hours between 8.00am and 8.00pm
- Acquire and maintain knowledge and skills within recognised skills disciplines, gaining relevant qualifications.
- Subscribe to self-study and attendance of classroom courses.
- Add expertise and commitment to new service take on.
- Adhere to all Change/Incident/Project Management processes.
- Adhere to all job administration processes.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required.
- Follow defined ITIL policies and processes and ISO 270001 quality procedures.
- Furnish self with knowledge via AVAYA PCNs and make recommendations to implement corrective actions within the customer estate.
- Ability to time manager, prioritise and escalate when required
- Take ownership to drive resolution
- Collaboration with colleagues and wider technical teams
- Be customer facing and able to successfully interact with customers at multiple levels
- Understand the overall solution and how all the components interact
- Perform solution implementation tasks from the MAC requests
- Follow schedules for Pro-active Maintenance tasks (e.g. Backups, Reports, Routine Maintenance, and Application of Patches etc.)
- Maintain site documentation records
- Provide flexibility with support and implementation of Projects
- Focused on AVAYA Communications Manager/Aura platform, has attended the AVAYA CM/Aura I&M Course and is qualified/accredited to ACSS level
- A good knowledge of the AVAYA product portfolio and associated applications (AES, System & Session Manager, CMS, SBC’s, Aura Messaging etc.)
- Good knowledge and admin skills on Verint Call Recorders and AVAYA PCS outbound dialers
- A good knowledge of IP networking, including IP Addressing, Routing, DHCP and voice trunking including SIP and using Wireshark traces, working towards CCNA level or equivalent
- Good knowledge on data networks is an expectation to trouble shoot layer 2/layer 3 network switches running VLAN supporting voice applications, working towards CCNA level or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of virtualised environments. Working with ISS or virtual environments to deliver and support MCD as per the customer/solution requirements
- Experienced in dealing with ISPs, Telcos, PSTN, ISDN and SIP providers and hardware/software vendors (i.e. AVAYA)
- Searches knowledge bases and product manuals for solutions
- Experienced in cabling infrastructure and deployment - CAT5, CW1308 etc
- Holds SC Clearance
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Technical Specialists
- Technical Support