Audio Visual Technician (AV Tech)
AVMI are the UK’s largest integrator and service provider of audio visual, video conferencing and digital media solutions.
Established over 25 years ago, we have global capabilities and hundreds of experienced staff implementing our systems in corporate, retail and public environments.
We employ over 400 members of staff across 6 locations internationally.
The AV Support Technician’s prime function is to provide AV technical support across all meeting rooms within of our clients sites based in the City, including remote assistance as necessary. The position involves a high degree of face-to-face client contact, working with executive management and managing directors to provide best in class services across all Audio Visual-related services.
- Video conference (VC) support
- Presentation and meeting set-up
- Remote Monitoring Centre Support
- Service desk support
- First line of troubleshooting
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The AV Support Technician’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- All services should be delivered punctually at scheduled times and in accordance with agreed SLA’s. The AV Support Technician is expected to provide assistance for high-profile and VIP meetings and to provide on-line assistance as part of the Remote Monitoring Centre function.
- Video/audio conference setup and support. Best efforts should be made to ensure all sites are connected on time and receiving/transmitting good audio/video.
- Site certification of all new and relocated video conference systems.
- Carry out video conference software updates in consultation with the AV Team Leader and the engineering team.
- Assist with AV Service desk support for video/audio conferencing problems. Investigate faults and recommend further actions to rectify.
General AV Meeting Room Support
- AV equipment setup and support.
- Meet and greet the client.
- Presentation / multi-media meeting room support.
- Quick response to emergency / ad-hoc requests from the AV Helpdesk.
Faults and Room Checks
- Carry out regular preventative room checks, ensuring all equipment functions correctly in accordance with the room check procedure.
- Ensure that all faults are reported in the correct way and in a timely manner to the AV Helpdesk and Technical Manager.
- Proactive maintenance / reporting to ensure all AV equipment is always of the highest standard and functioning correctly.
- Work with the Engineering team to assist with first line fault repairs.
- Carry out all power down / up when required, usually involving out-of-hours overtime commitments
- Advise clients on best practice.
- Provide regular feedback on communication issues and service improvements.
- Assist with other AV disciplines when required, e.g. Project Manager, Engineering Team, AV Service Desk.
- Understand the signal flow and ensure that the digital signage system is in full operation within the area of operation.
- Awareness of, and compliance with, the Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety policies and procedures that comprise AVMI’s Integrated Management System.
- Awareness of, and compliance with, the security policies and procedures that comprise AVMI’s information Security Management System.
- Cross-communication between teams (AV onsite team, Bridge, Video Bookings, etc)
- Overseeing and providing first-line support to digital signage distribution platform.
- To seamlessly monitor and provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues to meeting, boardroom and video conferencing room users with the use of Crestron Fusion Remote Asset Management system.
- To be the point of contact for first line of troubleshooting
- To be able to explain complex information in simple, clear terms to a non-AV personnel.
- To be able to assess each customer’s AV knowledge levels and respond as well as being able to deal with difficult customers / callers.
- To ensure that the issue has been properly escalated to the technical team if it can’t be remotely resolved
- Ensure that all occurring faults and malfunctions have been properly catalogued and escalated
- Perform regular health checks for AV systems connected to database
- AV equipment setup and support
TV Studio and Broadcasts
- Assisting client with technical setup for live broadcasts in the dedicated broadcast studio
- Proactive maintenance/reporting to ensure all TV Studio equipment is functioning correctly and well maintained.
- Assist with first-line fault repairs
- Manage audio and video content
- Maintaining a good working relationship with all other teams within the client organisation.
- Hold and attend regular meetings with the AV team to discuss service and operations issues.
- InfoComm CTS
- Crestron 101 / Toolbox
- Q-Sys Sound Structure
- MS Office / Visio
- Audio Visual Support
- Field Technicians
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job