Our client, a Leading Audio Visual Integrator within the Commercial / Corporate sector has identified a need for a System Designer to produce system design documentation and technical drawings in relation to both “Solutions” and “Projects” divisions.
Reporting to the Technical Director your role will be pivotal in the delivery of high quality, well-engineered audio visual and video conference projects to our clients.
Typically the duties of the System Designer will include:
- Assisting the sales teams with detailed system designs and identification of component parts.
- Attendance of meetings with the AV consultants to assist in taking complex briefs from which system designs will be derived.
- Evaluation of sales orders / BOM prior to ordering / project commencement.
- Production of system related drawings in AutoCad.
- Assisting with the final commissioning and debugging / fault finding in conjunction with the project team.
- Assisting with hand-overs to Technical Director / Project Manager for upcoming projects.
- Undertaking technical site surveys where required.
- Updating and completion of project documentation including, AV Layout Drawings, System Schematics, Rack Layouts and any other drawings as required to reflect "As Built" status.
- Compilation, approval and submission of O&M documentation to main contractors / customers.
- Providing technical guidance and prowess to junior members of the team and subcontractors ensuring that DI standards are achieved.
- Supporting Project Manager with the commissioning of projects and liaising internally to bring in Video Engineering and Control System Programming resource as required.
In addition to the practical responsibilities above the System Designer will also be required to uphold the following ethics:
- To be an enthusiastic team player capable of meeting deadlines and going the extra mile to ensure timely project completions.
- To have/maintain strong knowledge of both the employers and other manufacturers products.
- To ensure that health & safety policies are complied with at all times.
- To act in a professional and courteous manner to customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- To ensure that personal appearance and any allocated staff appearance is maintained to a professional level and that the company uniform and vehicle is respected and adhered to.
- To ensure that timekeeping in relation to site arrival and departure is maintained to an acceptable level.
- The following will be included within the overall package
- £35K-£45K - subject to candidate experience
- Bonus Scheme (Payable Quarterly)
- Pension Scheme
- 5 Weeks Holiday inc. Xmas allocation – subject to management decision
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job