This is a new opportunity for an experienced AV Site technician to join a leading Audio Visual company.
Your role will be to provide the highest quality of technical support to a number of clients at their sites in the Birmingham area and to facilitate the correct preparation, implementation and operation of all aspects of the audio visual service. This consists of but is not limited to:
- Assisting in the provision of support for internal and external high priority events.
- To set up and test, room systems in their respective building.
- To carry out routine testing of portable and installed equipment to diagnose, log and report operational faults.
- To set up and test, portable equipment in various locations.
- To retrieve portable equipment as soon as practical to do so and return to storage.
- To operate Presentation, Conference Systems and associated electronics.
- To accurately and quickly diagnose and report problems and faults and fix on site where possible.
- Working with others to assist in the diagnosis and rectification of faults to ensure that all systems are fully functional and that equipment and system down time are kept to a minimum.
- Working with other support staff to ensure complete commissioning and hand over of jobs to the client or service department.
- To maintain a smart appearance at all times and to react to urgent situations in a calm manner.
- To ensure that a daily record is kept up to date with customer requests, work performed each day, job numbers, dates and times and tasks assigned.
- To ensure all work is performed to company standards and that quality techniques are practiced.
- To ensure that all jobs are run to provide a courteous, comprehensive service for all clients and their representatives.
- To work in compliance with the company's safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times.
- Be fully conversant with onsite HS and First Aid procedures.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
Based in Birmingham Salary is circa £25k-£30k p.a. dependent upon experience. You must live within easy commutable distance of Birmingham city centre.
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate will have good experience in the following:
- The setup, testing, first line fault finding and replacing where necessary of electronic audio visual systems, or related field.
- A technical knowledge of Video Conferencing and Audio Visual systems.
- Knowledge of touch screen and web-based control technology.
- Experience in IP and telephony based video conferencing systems
- Experience in providing similar service within an on-site role is required.
- Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day.
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Capable of good communication skills both verbal and written and able to communicate at all levels within an organisation.
- Be competent to a high level of computer literacy.
- Be able to work as an integral part of a team.
- Be able to work on own initiative and accept accountability.
- Be able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail.
- Represent the company in a professional manner on its customers sites.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Proven experience in video conferencing and AV best practices.
- Good level of experience in Microsoft packages.
- Good understanding of Cisco Video Conference systems and bridging, Crestron controls and Datapath videowall processing desirable
Our client is a well established and successful Audio Visual company selling to blue chip Corporates, Education and Retail throughout the UK.
AV Jobs is the No. 1 AV specialist recruitment company in the UK working with candidates and clients to ensure the perfect job match every time
- AV Events Technician
- AV Site Technician
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'