We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Audio-Visual Engineer that can primarily install new Av equipment but also has good diagnostic / fault-finding skills that will aid a repair & servicing part of the role.
Working as the Audio-Visual Engineer you will provide efficient and effective general installation and maintenance support to our customer base and providing a quality service ensuring that all sites are fully functional in accordance with the required Company standards.
Additionally, it is important as the Audio-Visual Engineer that you understand the need for flexibility and to take on duties that may be deemed part of the role as part of a developing business with a national client base.
Your duties and responsibilities as the AV Install & Service Engineer
- Able to work to a flexible and responsive Installation / Service schedule with a UK wide remit and potential overnight stays on a weekly basis.
- Install, diagnose and repair technical problems in Audio-Visual systems, including soldering, cable termination, fault finding, running cables, terminating ends, fixing brackets, mounting hardware etc.
- Commissioning the installed sound & video equipment, ensuring a high-quality end result for the customer.
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing of systems, and ensure installations are to company standards
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds Company standards, complies with customer standards, and follows safety requirements
- Able to work alone to find and present faults and concerns in systems without receiving explicit direction
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions as onsite presence and demonstrate an appreciation of a sensitive onsite environment.
- Provide professional assessments and advice for customers and lease with the operations department on actions undertaken
- Fixing Faults and conduct equipment servicing on site or arranging replacement equipment
- Clearly Working with the Company’s Project Teams to assist in refurbishment works
- Liaising with contractors and other workers in new build sites, representing the organisation to a professional standard and be a brand advocate
- Follow procedures for procurement of supplies and materials
- General Admin and IT support when working from the Sheffield Head Office site.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Previous installation experience in Wiring, Audio & Visual Equipment fitting to a highly competent standard
- Knowledge and practical ability of building structures and experience of fitting equipment to internal and external structures with regards to a comprehensive suite of audio-visual equipment.
- An strong capability of identifying and completing potential problems
- Knowledge of safe working practices and a safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT knowledge with a basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications including Word and Excel
- A full UK driving licence is essential
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job