Field Service Engineers provide reactive support calls and Planed preventative visits for corporate, government & retail clients.
Planned Preventative Maintenance Visits (PPMV)
Designed to keep clients Audio Visual, Video Conferencing and Digital Signage systems maintained, our Preventative Maintenance programme ensures that business needs continue to be met as originally designed, with minimised equipment downtime.
- Full System Checks are carried out are documented.
- Manufacturer maintenance guidelines are followed, this can include replacing air flow filters and documenting equipment usage hours where possible.
- Backups of system configuration files and program codes are collected as a precautionary measure.
We help to detect and prevent potential failures before they occur, rectify any known issues, provide feedback on system status and make recommendations for system operation, future usage and reliability.
Reactive Support Calls
On occasions when a client has a fault that can’t be fixed via remote support, a Field Service Engineers (FSE) will be deployed to site to investigate. The aim of this visit is to fix the issue or where necessary provide a temporary solution to enable the room to be used with minimum impact to the client working within the clients Service Level Agreement (SLA). Our FSE’s have direct access to in-house specialist experts who are highly trained in some of the following areas; Control Systems, Digital Sound Processors, Unified Communication, Digital Signage & Networking.
Role, Responsibilities & Skills
- Reactive support calls to client sites.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance visits.
- Completing paperwork for each job attended.
- Communicate identified faults in a clear and detailed manner to our helpdesk colleagues.
- Explain faults to the client in a way they can understand, convey the issue and what will be done to fix the problem within the agreed SLA.
- Fault finding of audio visual and video conferencing systems to a high level, under pressure.
- A good understanding of computer software and hardware systems.
- Networking knowledge to fault find audio and video conference networks. E.g. Dante audio and Multicast video streams.
- Understanding both digital/analogue audio and video signals e.g. HDMI, Display Port, DVI Component, and Composite.
- Control System fault finding and programming of Crestron, AMX and other leading manufacturers.
- Configuration and fault finding of Digital Sound Processors (DSP) such as Q-Sys, Biamp and Clearone.
- Support of IPTV systems, Digital Signage & Satellite systems from OneLan, Tripleplay, Exterity and MediaStar.
- Working with new and emerging technologies including LED display solutions and video wall processors.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'