Our client, a specialist Engineering Consultancy, is looking for a temporary consultant to complete a 6 month position for one of their clients based in Canary Wharf. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for analysis, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of the client's Cisco Video Conference (VC) and Unified Communications(UC) environment
- Design and implement medium to large scale dial plan for centralized as well as distributed cluster environment
- Engage with Cisco and VARs to maintain currency of the client's Video Conference Service Catalogue
- Collaborate with the client's Voice Subject Matter expert to configure and maintain a Cisco SME cluster to ensure successful dialing using E.164 ,+dialing and SIP URI between the client's sites
- Use Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word) to document the existing and newly delivered environment
- Oversee and monitor the operations teams and ensure the infrastructure is always in a high availability state
- Responsible for creating SOPs and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to the same
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in related area of responsibility
- Recommend adoption of new technologies and work on testing and deployment plans
- Set up, configure and support all audio and video systems.
- Configure multiple AV / IT devices (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.).
- Troubleshoot audio / video performance issues and maintain diagrams and documentation.
- Develop standards and maintain all systems, applications and configurations.
- Review with Facilities team to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards (general construction, etc.).
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot difficult issues and designs.
- Determine infrastructure requirements to support the designs.
- Provide support for live events (presentations, concerts, etc.).
- Provide escalated support to the business for video-conferencing needs.
- Oversee contractors / vendors that provide physical installation and support of our conference rooms.
- Provide extraordinary technical and/or analytic support in identifying, analyzing and resolving problems of moderate to highly-complex business communication systems.
- Participate in audio visual integration project kick-off meetings.
- Create and present solution design based on requirements from requestors.
- Provide hardware configuration details and assist to complete Bill of Material forms required hardware, professional services and licensing.
- Provide technical oversight on commissioning of systems both in-house and outside AV vendors
- Provide Project Manager and Operations team documented test results from system testing and commissioning
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study
- Industry Certification in relevant area is a plus
- Minimum 8 years experience in IT industry in relevant area
- In depth knowledge of Cisco UC environment which includes Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, IM&Presence Server, Jabber (Windows and Mobile) and Communications Manager Session Manager Editio
- Experience implementing Cisco TelePresence Management Suite, Cisco Expressway (Control and Edge), Cisco Telepresence Server and Cisco Collaboration Manager in an eterprise environment.
- Experience with installing and supporting Cisco Video endpoints (C40, MX700, MX800, DX80, EX90) provisioned within Communications Manager
- Real world experience supporting Multicast and unicast media distributionExperience with development of fault tolerant, redundant, and scalable networking solutions.
- Understanding of how HA technologies function and their limitations is also important.
- Experience with common cabling plant standards and various LAN/WAN interface technologies (T1, E1, T3).
- Experience with IPv4 networking, IPv4 dynamic routing - especially OSPF and BGP.
- Experience with common voice technologies and standards (BRI, PRI, T1-CAS,).
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related protocols .
- Ability to understand and document TCP/UDP application flows.
- Experience with collaboration tools like Webex, Zoom, Skype, Blue Gene etc
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
- Unified Communications
- Audio Visual
- Video Conference
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'