Automotive, Motor Trade Job: Automotive Workshop Controller required in Crawley.
Salary: Up to £28,000 Basic, OTE £34,000 Per Annum
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Motor Trade Jobs / Automotive Vacancies: Automotive Workshop Controller Required for a Motorsport Car Manufacturer - Crawley
Our Client a Motorsport Car Manufacturer Main Car Dealership in the Crawley area is currently looking to hire an experienced Workshop Controller for their Flagship showroom in the Crawley Area.
It is essential that applicants have a working experience of an aftersales department, ideally who deal in sports and performance cars. Applicants must be enthusiastic, with a thorough knowledge of customer care. Motorsport is a significant part of the overall business and it contributes massively to the aftersales revenues. Subsequently an active interest and ideally knowledge, of club motorsport would be extremely beneficial.
Duties, Responsibilities & Person Specification
- Responsible for planning and allocating work to all technicians ensuring work standards and time scales are always achieved. Whilst in turn making sure that workshop hours are accurately recorded at all times through the DMS system.
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely and accurate manner, managing the customer's expectations at all times. Liaising with the Aftersales Advisor when repairs are likely to take longer than previously agreed, ensuring the customer is kept up to date at all times.
- To report and seek advice on any problems highlighted whilst work is being conducted so that these may be overcome and the customer kept informed where delays result.
- To keep up to date with all engineering developments, workshop notices and warranty recalls.
- Liaise with the parts controller to ensure all parts required are available prior to the jobs being undertaken and ensuring that the workshop is always stocked with consumable items.
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as body shop, MOT test station, vehicle wrappers etc.
- Instilling and enforcing a clean, professional and uncluttered workshop environment that is always representative of the brand.
- During busy periods, undertaking the maintenance, service and repair activities to the highest standard may be required.
You will need to have:
- Must have experience as a qualified vehicle technician, ideally with sports and prestige vehicles. A motorsport background would be helpful.
- We might consider a strong Vehicle Technician stepping up who can show the capability and skills to lead a large team of technicians.
- You must have strong managerial skills and be able to prove you can control a workshop of technicians efficiently.
- Excellent administrative and computer skills and knowledge of DMS systems (Pinnacle ideally) and also be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Communication skills are also critical, as you will not only be leading the team of technicians but also required to communicate with customers both in written and verbal formats.
- Have strong commercial awareness and understand the requirement in delivering results in a target driven environment
Working hours will be Week Monday - Friday 07:30 - 16:30. The salary is experience dependable at around £28,000 Basic + additional bonus of up to £35,000.
This vacancy is based in Crawley and Our Client is looking only for Motor Trade experienced Workshop Controllers.
We will not send your CV to a job until we have spoken to you so it is imperative that you provide a daytime contact number preferably your mobile number.
If this role interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Main Car Dealership Jobs in Crawley, Gatwick, Horsham, Surrey & Sussex, please contact Martin from Perfect Placement.
To apply please send your CV to Martin Bane quoting Job Ref: J77541, Workshop Controller, Crawley.
Please remember to add your home phone number, mobile number, email address and full address to your CV. If this information is missing it slows down our process and may result in us not being able to contact you.
Continue your job search on Facebook : https://MotorTradeJobs
Perfect Placement UK Ltd is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Copyright © Perfect Placement UK Limited 2018.
The reproduction, transmission or other use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Perfect Placement UK Limited's prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Please contact our office on if you wish to discuss this copyright.
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Vehicle Technician
- Motor Trade
- Vehicle Repair
- Motor Trade Jobs
- Workshop Controller
- West Sussex
- Main Car Dealerships