We are recruiting for a Senior Automotive Telematics Electrician to work with our current and future fleet to install telematics devices in its vehicles. This device is connected to several vehicle circuits to enable certain functionality (e.g. pro-grammatically lock and unlock doors) and feedback information (e.g. mileage driven, battery level) to the back-office.
Telematics technicians are key actors in this process:
Whenever a new vehicle spec is being considered for inclusion in a our fleet, as a Senior Automotive Telematics Electrician you will do discovery on the car, i.e. identify the right and secure way to connect to the vehicle’s circuits and physically install the components of the telematics device. This results in an installation guide and the design of the appropriate wire loom to connect device and the vehicle.
Generally, the actual installation into the vehicles acquired for our fleets is done through vendors, using the installation guide and wire looms provided by the Telematics Technicians. In this job you will have a key role supporting the different markets in selection, training and regular audit of those vendors.
Whenever a vehicle exhibits unexpected behaviour that may be related to the telematics device, you will investigate the incident to identify whether the device or the installation is at fault, and where necessary propose remedial action.
You will be part of the International operations team and are based in Bracknell, UK, but with occasional travel, mainly within Europe.
The Telematics team supports the operations of in Europe and APAC; and can give support to other initiatives in the Group.
As Senior Telematics Technician your responsibilities will include;technical
- Discovery of new vehicle models:
- Identify the correct way to connect telematics devices to vehicle analogue or digital (CAN bus) signals
- Define the correct placement and fixation of all system components to ensure safe and secure operation of the car
- Document the process
- Train and vendor staff on correct installation, testing and troubleshooting procedures
- Assist operations managers in auditing and improving the work of staff and vendors
- Troubleshoot problems intervening during the lifetime of the vehicle
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to identify needs, evaluate workload and correctly plan resources
- Manages sourcing, storage and dispatch of hardware
- Is able to communicate clearly with different stakeholders at different levels of technicality about the functionality of the systems and processes.
- Is able to train technicians and operations team on systems, installations and quality audit
To be a success in this role you will have a technical background (training and experience) in vehicle electronics. You should be a problem-solver with the ability to be self-directing, able to work independently.
You will need to be able and willing to travel and to work across cultural and language barriers, as well as having strong written and oral communication skills in English; additional languages are a plus.
We are looking for someone who will be flexible and accommodating in the face of a changing workload or changing locations with the capability and experience working with web-based tools and office software.
If you feel you have the skills to fulfil the requirements of this role and you are looking for a new and interesting challenge, apply Today !