An exciting opportunity has arisen for a successful Automotive Account Manager to interact and manage a range of client branded aftersales products that reinforce the end customer ownership experience, assist product improvements and support retention objectives. Liaising primarily with the Aftersales Departments you will have the drive and enthusiasm to establish good working relationships, have a knowledge of the industry and a keen eye on developing additional products and solutions to support clients on-going business objectives.
Internally you will be given real freedom to express yourself, liaising with internal departments to ensure proactive and effective management of your accounts. This will include, but is not limited to, providing business insight, managing performance with associated Technical and Operational departments, ensuring internal processes are working efficiently, interacting with Global Accounts for European wide-schemes, and where necessary individual European Business Units where a OEM manufacturer account is centrally managed.
The role comes with a high level of expectation as you will be representing the company to our clients and interacting with Senior Managers and Directors of both our clients and the business. There will be periods of time when you will be required to work extended hours but this role will provide a satisfying challenge that will enable the successful person to further develop their career.
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday - flexibility required to fit in within business and client needs.
Two days minimum requirement within Head Office in South East London per week (3 days can be working from home/client visits).
- To represent the Company in a professional and positive manner at all times developing relationships built on trust and knowledge of the automotive industry
- Manage and develop accounts in line with client and Company requirements
- Monitor and track industry developments, taking account of these in managing accounts and developing new business
- Develop and implement an account strategy for the nominated account(s)
- Liaise and communicate with IT, Marketing, Sales Support, Finance, HR and Technical Operations areas within the Company to ensure effective communication and service delivery whilst maintaining excellent working relationships
- To achieve and exceed agreed annual sales turnover targets
- Ensure that any new business won with both existing and new clients is managed and maintained on an on-going basis
- Provide accurate reports which may include but not limited to:
- Monthly reports on account development
- Strategic account strategy (this may include a competitor analysis)
Evidence of Essential Skills, Experience & Attributes within the following areas:
- Sound academic background (strong 'O’ Level/GCSE/’A’ Level results or equivalent)
- Successful business to business account management experience, preferably within the automotive industry.
- Experience of managing large corporate accounts.
- Excellent communicator and strong interpersonal skills, with experience of leading business presentations
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines whilst managing numerous tasks
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office with particular emphasis on advanced Excel and PowerPoint due to the requirements of the role
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and able to work effectively within a Team
- Diplomatic with strong relationship building skills
- Full, preferably clean, UK driving licence required.
The basic salary on offer is £40k - £45k plus bonus.
If you would like to hear more about this role and others in the Motor Trade, please apply today and Adam and his team will be in touch!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job