- Ref: TSTH1
- Base location: Hursley, Winchester
- Salary: Up to £57,000 plus benefits
- Contract Length: Permanent or 23 month fixed term contracts with possible extension (dependent on eligibility)
- Travel: flexibility to travel across the UK up to 5 days a week
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is a new, innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business, built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. Since opening our first UK office in Leicester in Spring 2015, we’ve significantly grown. We currently have five UK centres, with offices in Leicester, Hursley, Thames Valley (Swindon), and the North (Preston & Newcastle), along with a group specialising in Microsoft applications. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment - this enables our employees to build their experience, skillset and network.
Our Hursley site is based on a historic 100 acre IBM campus with additional facilities open to all employees such as on-site gym, sporting fields and a club house. The site also hosts an IBM Museum showing the history of IBM technologies and products, including the first typewriter with changeable font and IBM’s precursor to the iPad from 2001!
You will work with various projects and clients, working towards client specifications. Your role will involve:
- Analyse functional and non-functional use cases to identify and prioritise test activities, while using appropriate techniques and tools, to design test cases, test scripts and test data that will validate each use case.
- Use the identified tools for test planning, execution and management of defects.
- Creating and executing automated acceptance tests, alongside maintaining the test cases in a shared repository.
- Collaborating with the Product Owner to create and refine user stories and acceptance criteria and ensure the acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
- Be an active contributor within the scrum, providing test input, supporting the scrum master and other scrum members and teams
If you are looking to develop your career in a friendly and upbeat working environment, adaptable and resilient to change then IBM Client Innovation Centre UK is an excellent place to take this step.
The following characteristics are important in our employees:
- Passion - to make a difference
- Collaboration - because we accomplish more when we work together
- Exploration - openness to explore new places, ideas, and technologies
- Insightfulness - it is important to understand things from different viewpoints
The following technical skills are important:
- Automation testing skills required (preferably Selenium Webdriver and Cucumber)
- Proficient in programming languages (preferably Java) and SQL
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Evaluation of functional and non-functional requirements for testability and suitability for automation.
- Experience in defining and executing test scripts working with migrated data and interface APIs
We are proud of our training and development opportunities. As part of the CIC, you will be welcome to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. This will enable you to grow within our business which we support via promotion and progression opportunities.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, in order to be eligible for this role, all applicants must be British Nationals who have been resident in the UK for at least the past 10 years. If you do not fit the criteria for this role, please review our other opportunities at uk.ciceurope.com. Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so.
- Test Automation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job