Position: Automation Tester/Developer in Testing - contract/interim
Location: central London
Duration: 6 months
Rate: highly competitive
The Automation Tester/Developer in Test is responsible for working with the Agile Sprint team on the continuous improvement of the development process with end-to-end quality in mind. ensuring Agile test automation principles are followed. This role is specifically for the Microservices team
We are a FTSE100 organisation, the UK's leading hospitality company, including brands such as Premier Inn, Costa Coffee and Beefeater.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Automation Tester to join our digital hub on a 6 month contract. You will be working on an exciting project to implement a new hotel management system for our hotels. This will be one of the biggest changes we’ve undertaken across our hotels and to do it right, we need you - an automation specialist with Selenium, REST & Postman experience
What you will be doing:
- Drive the automated testing of a product at each stage of the development cycle.
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Developers to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure high quality BDD test cases and automation scripts are produced.
- Supporting the relevant scrum events; planning/user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/ demos & retros to ensure that quality code, based on solid unit testing principles are released into Production on a regular CI cycle.
- Undertake automated testing throughout sprints to prevent any time lag between development and release.
- Constantly embed automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing across all product platforms within Sprints and for releases.
- Constantly demonstrate that quality and the customer is always the focus.
- Tracks KPIs to monitor and improve our QA approach and results.
- Support growth and development objectives within the team and reinforces efforts to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- Support the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Automated Testing through collaboration with other Whitbread QA teams.
- Acts as the champion for test driven development and automated testing - provides coaching / support for Product Developers where required.
- Reports into Lead SDET and supports their objectives.
- Produces regular test reports to the team
- Support an effective and accurate test environment is in place for automation.
What are we looking for:
- Solid experience of implementing RESTful Api/Microservices frameworks (SOAPUI)
- Solid automated BDD and TDD experience, implementing frameworks (preferably Java Selenium, Cucumber & IntelliJ
- A developer background: recognises what good quality code looks like (and flags refactoring required / peer reviews needed / individual’s development needs etc.)
- Strong Agile testing experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven
- Good experience of JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr/GitHub/Slack
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Product Owner and development team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job