Automation Test Engineer required with strong skills Java or ideally Scala / ScalaTest automation testing to run on JVM, and a proven background delivering fully automated test frameworks for backend systems / API Integration / messaging is required to join Agile team working on large scale Scala based ecommerce systems for a large world leading company in West London on a 6 month contract.
This role will require the ability to pick up Scala so a desire to do this will be essential.
Skills and experience:
- Experience developing tests in Java or ideally Scala / ScalaTest to run on the JVM
- Experience writing automated tests to check the behaviour of RESTful API's
- Experience in system integration testing (queues, etc)
- Experience writing automated tests to validate the behavior of bespoke services
- Experience in writing automated integration tests encompassing multiple components/services
- Appreciation of testing enterprise level systems encompassing bespoke services and messaging queues such as (IBM MQ or RabbitMQ)
- Experience setting up, working and maintaining testing frameworks (e.g. Cucumber)
- Experience using source control tools (e.g Git, Bitbucket)
- Experience testing non-functional requirements (e.g. performance)
- An excellent understanding of the principles of software testing
- An understanding of Behaviour Driven Development
- An understanding of development practices such as Test-Driven Development
- An understanding of how automated tests can be employed to test user interfaces
- An understanding of the HTTP protocol
- An understanding of Agile principles and practices (such as Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate complex solution in a simple & effective manner
- Experience with remote development team is a plus
The following would also be desirable:
- Experience writing queries against SQL databases
- Experience of with applications deployed to AWS
- Experience tracing issues through system logs
- Experience helping teams to develop and improve their testing practices
- An understanding of the principles behind Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- An understanding of the principles behind the Testing Pyramid concept (developed by Mike Cohn)
You would be joining a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for the delivery of technically sound systems that have tough availability, scalability requirements. The team use fully automated integration and deployment systems, comprehensive monitoring and alerting, and the support of dedicated Build, Operations and Networks teams. You will work closely with business and technical stakeholders, to understand requirements, break down work, and deliver features following team-defined Agile practices.
As a valued technical member of the Delivery Team, you will have a passion for software testing and a good understanding of how to define and deliver solutions collaboratively. You will be involved all areas of delivery, and will play an integral part in helping the team continuously improve; sharing your own experience and insights, influencing others and mentoring those with less experience
Previous ideal backgrounds might include ecommerce, banking, online travel, media, broadcast, online gaming, software houses etc
Opus is an employment business in respect of contract recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'