Automation Test Analyst
- Horsham - £35,000 - £40,000
About the Role
My client are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Automation Test Analyst to bring end-to-end test automation expertise to their software development lifecycle. The successful candidate will be able to introduce test automation processes and procedures to work alongside the manual testing procedures, as well as coach other team members. Manual testing will also be required to identify edge cases and UI and workflow defects.
The successful candidate will be proficient in the use of Selenium Webdriver to automate end-to-end tests, ideally using .NET C# and Microsoft Visual Studio. You will have a good grasp of OOP practices to make code reusable, as well as experience using Git to manage version control and collaboration. As my client are always expanding the team, there will be the prospect to take on additional responsibility and move into a lead role.
The role will incorporate:
- Develop automation scripts for our .NET applications using Selenium Webdriver and test runners (Specflow/lightBDD).
- Working in TFS and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Working with Business Analysts and Developers to ascertain acceptance criteria.
- Test web applications, web services and integration with 3rd party systems.
- Work directly with developers to fix any defects found.
- Produce and maintain test documentation.
- Embrace OOP practices for code reusability.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and techniques.
- Manual testing where required.
- Working in an agile environment.
The successful candidate will need:
- At least 3 years’ commercial experience in a automation TA role ideally in an Agile Scrum environment using TDD/BDD practices.
- Use of Selenium Webdriver, ideally in C# .
- Experience of creating test plans.
- Advanced knowledge of a range of web browsers and operating systems.
- Working knowledge of SQL server and querying databases.
- Proficient in using Git for version control and collaboration.
Other skills / experience that would be useful are:
- Financial services experience.
- Professional Qualifications (e.g. ISEB).
- Show examples of written tests produced in previous roles.
The core technologies used by my client are:
- Visual Studio 2017, TFS 2018.
- .NET 4.7/Standard (C#) MVC & Webforms.
- SQL Server 2014/2016.
- Azure file storage.
- LINQ & Entity Framework.
- jQuery, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap.
- Sql Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job