The Automation Test Analyst is responsible for ensuring that websites are fully tested and continue to deliver results for the business. The role involves working closely with the development team and the wider business to help ensure quality and compliance across our online travel agent websites. Initially carrying out manual testing, you will work towards automating our website testing to improve test coverage and increase the speed in which we can deliver new functionality.
TUI’s retail website development is based in air conditioned offices close to Stockton town centre with free onsite parking. The websites you will be testing include HolidayHypermarket.co.uk, Latedeals.co.uk and Cruisedeals.co.uk – all offering fantastic ATOL protected holidays at guaranteed best online prices. The retail websites are an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to produce innovative solutions and explore new technologies in order to move the business forward.
What you will be doing
• Support front end developers in the testing of public facing e-commerce package holiday websites
• Responsible for planning the testing needed for each work item within the team’s backlog.
• Create test plans and write test scripts
• Develop and run automated tests.
• Perform cross browser testing across devices including desktop, tablet and mobile
• Carry out functional, regression, ad-hoc and compatibility testing
• Execute manual test scripts and log defects
• Carry out performance and load testing
• Ensuring that public facing web applications comply with web standards including W3C HTML, W3C CSS validation, Content Accessibility Guidelines
• Review web content for spelling and grammatical errors.
• Supporting and coordinating user acceptance testing.
• Spotting and reproducing bugs and issues.
• Regression testing of existing systems prior to releasing changes.
• Ensure that prices displayed on public facing web applications are accurate and consistent
• Report on issues found to the development manager and team managers.
• Ensure that bugs are clearly logged and labelled.
• Collaborate with developers to ensure defects are fixed in a timely manner
What we are looking for
• ISEB / ISTQB certified and/or computing related degree
• Experience in recording and programming automated tests.
• Knowledge of web accessibility standards and user experience
• Proven experience of planning, preparing, running and completing process based test activities within web development projects.
• Experience in working with virtual environments.
• Good organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills (both verbally and written),
• Awareness of targets and constraints and ability to work to sprint deadlines
• Experience of working within an Agile web development team preferred.
• Previous experience of testing ecommerce websites preferred.
• Knowledge of the travel industry preferred but not essential.
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.