An excellent opportunity to work as a Automation Engineer for a leading IT Service Provider
We are looking for an experienced Automation Engineer providing automation and integration services to our clients. Provide technical leadership to cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of delivery processes and infrastructure automation solutions.
You will be part of the Hybrid Cloud Team that is responsible for designing, building, and operating scalable and automated infrastructure platforms to run client mission-critical applications. Working closely with the Pre-Sales team to help as Automation SME with client opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience of application container infrastructures, with demonstrable engineering skills in continuous delivery pipeline integration with established CaaS/PaaS platforms (Docker, RedHat Openshift, Rancher).
- Good understanding of developer working practices, and demonstrate the ability to converse with this group as an IT Service consumer on how to leverage Hybrid Cloud and Container services and ecosystem technologies.
- Experience with Hypervisors, Linux, Windows, Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Demonstrable hands on experience with config and build automation tools. Our preference is Ansible, Chef and/or Terraform, but if you are good with other tools like Puppet or SaltStack that's a plus!.
- Experience in designing and building highly automated environments using virtual and cloud resources.
- Knowledge and experience in building software defined datacentres, leveraging network and security policy engines, build automation and coding skills to automate complex Hybrid IT platforms.
- Deep knowledge on data centre infrastructure is a must. You must feel confident designing and building 3-tier architectures (compute, storage and network) as well as Next-Generation Infrastructure with Hyperconvergence and/or Composable Infrastructures.
- Experience with scalable production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, microservices, and configuration management.
- Experience with Public Cloud container services such as AKS, ECS and GKE would be a plus.
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code
- Some knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery preferred.
- Experience working in an agile environment preferred.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job