Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join the team based in Chirk, North Wales. The successful candidate will join them on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
They are the worlds leading manufacturer of wood based panel products. A strong, privately owned low cost producer, employing 14,000 across 40 sites globally, they have a flat organisation structure that focuses on results - driven by ambition!
Key responsibilities of the Automation Engineer:
- Act as the Company's “Expert” for Automation Software Programming of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), principally for the main press lines manufacturing wood panel products.
- Developing and maintaining manufacturing software systems, ensuring integrity of the overall system.
- Development of solutions to optimise production and identify improvement opportunities that can be applied across the company and realise them using DCS / automation and other control systems.
- Protect self, others & Company assets by adopting high standards of electrical safety (IEC Standard).
- Ensuring risk assessment tools and methodology are incorporated into day-to-day tasks.
- Adhere and promote compliance with company Environment, Health & Safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment.
- Provide creative software solutions to the specific needs of the manufacturing organisation.
- Identifying areas where DCS / automation and control developments could produce cost effective solutions to business problems, developing software to suit, trialling and implementing.
- Tailoring software, implementing and commissioning of new proprietary software systems in accordance with regulatory, company and technical requirements.
- Participate in the planned maintenance and review of software systems
- Fault finding and correcting errors during maintenance of software systems.
- Uses highly developed diagnostic and logical fault-finding techniques/skills.
- Liaise with internal and external (DCS / automation and control industry) experts and users so as to identify company improvements and developments
- Provide training to other qualified personnel in DCS / automation and control
- Provide dedicated project support in the implementation of improved Control and Automation systems on new projects & plant upgrades.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Automation Engineer:
- High level HMI / SCADA / DCS programming knowledge & skills.
- Expert knowledge in at least 3 of the following packages:-
- SIMATIC WinCC
- Wonderware InTouch
- Rockwell FactoryTalk
- Emerson DeltaV
- Metso DCS
- Proven experience (5 years+) of developing control systems for automatic machinery in a high volume continuous or semi continuous process operation.
- Sound knowledge and application of IEC standards
- Fault diagnosis skills
Just some of what they are able to offer the Automation Engineer:
- Attractive salary
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to excellence
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as their Automation Engineer please click ‘Apply’ below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect their policy of no cold calling.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job