Established for over 25 years, our client works with some of the largest iconic brands, including Apple, Google, HSBC and Rolls Royce. They truly believe that work spaces must continually evolve to make things 'simple, stylish, easy and accessible', enabling people to work at their best.
The business culture is modesty and humility, working hard, being passionate and loving what they do, putting the client first, but always caring for the team.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the CAD / CAM Technician will work within AutoCAD to create 3D models and turn those into 2D drawings in plan, elevation, section and details from a predetermined design.
The CAD / CAM Technician will work alongside an awesome team of designers, sales force and project managers to ensure the projects are fully understood. The CAD / CAM Technician will update drawings and implement changes according to site surveys and make the manufacturing team aware of project deadlines, amending drawings as required by the factory CNC machinists if program errors occur.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- a passion for learning;
- unsparing attention to detail;
- ability to commit and hit deadlines;
- capable of investigating, trouble-shooting and taking ownership of the ongoing projects;
- excellent drawing, reading and understanding skills;
- good communication skills, ability to communicate both verbally and written;
From a technical perspective, you will have:
- Superior AutoCAD knowledge (with both 2D and 3D experience);
- Experience within furniture design and manufacturing;
- Understanding of furniture assembly and manufacture, materials and fittings;
- Substantial understanding and knowledge of furniture design, with commercial industry experience;
- Basic grasp of engineering drawing and principles, and understand the qualities of melamine faced chipboard, laminated chipboard, veneer, solid grade laminate, metals, glass, stone and fabrics, and limitations of standard materials;
- Proficient at creating/designing, editing and maintaining Microsoft excel files.
May & Stephens acts as an "employment agency" in relation to this vacancy
May & Stephens Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, or disability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job