Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world's most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit a number of experienced Auto Electricians to join their team. These roles are offered on an ongoing, rolling contract basis with long term, permanent opportunities for the right candidates.
You will be working alongside a group of skilled technicians assisting with the preparation of prestige vehicles including one off vehicles for new model launches at international motor shows and large fleets of dynamic launch vehicles for media events.
You will assist in the maintenance and repair of vehicle electrical systems to the manufacturer's specification which is of the highest standard. You will also be involved in carrying out routine maintenance and carrying out diagnostic investigations on reported vehicle defects using laptops, multi-meters and other test equipment to identify faults
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Automotive electrical systems, circuit diagrams and components
- An understanding of routine maintenance schedules
- Basic mechanical engineering.
- Diagnostic skills using in house I.T technology, Multi-meters and diagnostic test equipment
- Establish root cause of all electrical faults and ensure robust resolutions of all issues
- Conduct software download updates
- Repair of all identified electrical faults
- Use of Multi-meters and diagnostic test equipment
- Dis-assembly and replacement of all electrical components, modules and harnesses
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- At least City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1 & 2 in motor vehicle repair (light or heavy) and preferably Level 3 in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as shifts and overtime will be required
- Flexible attitude towards location as travel between sites may be required
- Over the age of 25 for insurance purposes
- FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE REQUIRED (6 points maximum)
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Shift pattern one
Monday to Thursday 5.55am-2.05pm, Friday 6am-11.20am
Shift Pattern two
Monday to Thursday 1.50pm-10pm, Friday 11.05am-4.25pm
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment's contribution to the payroll administrator's fee
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job