Autistic Support Worker - Immediate Start - REF 2011024
We are currently recruiting for a specialist school for autistic pupils who urgently require a support worker/teaching assistant to work with secondary aged pupils. This is an ongoing full-time role that is likely to run on a supply basis until Easter, with the possibility of a permanent job to be available in April. Pupils aged 11 to 19 who have complex needs or severe learning disabilities attend the school and extensive outdoor facilities allow them to deliver an Outdoor Schools curriculum, plus a range of gardening and horticultural learning opportunities. There are also indoor classrooms and spaces to support the pupils learning. The school is unique in North Wales and the staff are therefore open to applications from individuals who have not had identical experience in previous roles, providing they can demonstrate a desire to work with ALN pupils and learn as they go.
Experience of working with children or adults who have ALN would be a distinct advantage in succeeding in this role and we would encourage people from a care background to get in touch to discuss their experience. Classroom experience would be preferable, as would knowledge of the differentiated national curriculum.
To apply for this role you will need:
- ALN experience, either with children of young adults
- To be be able to work effectively as part of a team
- A calm and patient persona
- To be willing to carry out personal care
What to expect from Excell Supply
- Excellent rates of pay
- Work that you want - we listen to your needs
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - earn up to £50 per referral
- A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
- Access to discounts with over 3000 retailers via our Excell Rewards Programme
- Opportunity for permanent positions
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job