A school for children with special needs in the Hayes area has opportunities for a Learning Support Assistants looking for full time work.
The school caters for primary aged children with autism across the spectrum and additional learning and behavioural difficulties, with classes holding up to 10 students, a teacher and up to 3 other Teaching Assistants.
The school are looking for Teaching Assistants who are:
- Committed to the enrichment and development of children and young people with special needs
- Experienced and/or interested in supporting special needs and social, emotional mental health difficulties
- Trained in specialist support (PECS, TEACCH, Makaton) or happy to complete specialist training
- Able to motivate SEN pupils to fulfil their full potential in education and in society
- Able to put pupils, parents and families at the heart of their decision making
- Able to be a role model to pupils and enable them to make appropriate choices
- Safeguarding trained or happy to complete safeguarding training
- Qualified in GCSE grades A* - C or equivalent and/or higher and is able to produce certification
Successful Candidates must be able to:
- Work long term and full-time Monday to Fridays 8:30 - 4:30 (average hours) during school term time
- Prove that they are safeguarding trained or be happy to complete safeguarding trained
- Prove that they hold a valid child DBS registered on the update service or be happy to apply for a child only DBS through Teaching Personnel within a week of interview date
If you would like to work as a SEN Teaching Assistant at this school in Hayes, send your updated CV and cover letter to the email address provided.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job