Autism TA with Makaton and Pecs training, Newham, East London
Salary- £65-£70 per day
GSL Education have been established for 17 years and are officially on the preferred supplier list for East London schools. As such, we have formed lasting relationships with schools throughout Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Islington and Newham. We are currently looking for teaching assistants with Makaton and Pecs training to work with autistic children immediately at primary schools in Newham for a long-term role.
The successful Teaching Assistant will be working in vibrant primary schools in Newham with large and well-resourced SEN provision.
The successful candidate will need to be:
- Experienced working with Autistic children and working with Makaton or PECS.
- A hard-working, determined and passionate individual who will persevere through challenges in order to reap the great rewards that can come with supporting an SEN Child
- Someone who has eligibility to work and live in the UK
- Adaptable, flexible and willing to work 1 to 1 with some challenging children to develop good relationships with them
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, energetic with a passion for teaching
In return, you will enjoy -
- Working as part of a lovely team
- Enjoying working in a rewarding environment
- Good rates of pay
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Business Development Manager Nick Stanley as soon as possible.