Job Role: Authorised Lead & Supervisor Technician
Location: Northern Ireland.
Salary: On Application
Over the past decade AWES has grown to become a leading provider in Operations and Maintenance and Crane and Installation work packages, all over Europe and further afield, supporting the major names in Wind. AWES are committed to growing its wind power organisation through customer focused operations, service reliability and efficient safe working practices.
We are looking for an experienced AT/Lead Technician who is keen to join a fast paced and thriving business which is experiencing large levels of growth and change. This position will be mostly site based with some required travel across the UK, Ireland & Europe.
The Lead Authorised Technician (AT) and supervisor will plan and lead the team required to carry out electrical and mechanical maintenance and fault finding on Bonus/Siemens 1.3 turbine models, however experience with/on other technology is also of benefit. They must be proficient in the wind turbine safety rules (WTSR’s) and be capable of ensuring general safety and safety from the system. You will also be capable and familiar with MSDS (material safety data sheets) and COSHH (control of substances hazardous to health) and hold or be working towards a relevant IOSH certificate. They must make themselves available to work outside of the normal working hours when required and will be part of the on-call weekend rota to ensure operational effectiveness of the sites. There is the possibility of travel throughout the UK and Ireland. The Lead AT/Supervisor must be capable of working as part of a team or under their own initiative.
- To supervise the safe, cost effective and optimised delivery of wind energy O&M contracts under your remit.
- Hands on, site based Lead Authorised WTG Technician/Supervisor, ensuring full compliance to the WTSR’s across all the sites under your remit.
- Carry out electrical and mechanical service, maintenance and fault finding
- Proficient in the wind turbine safety rules (WTSR’s)
- Ensure QHSE/Compliance is priority at all times. Promote a positive safety culture at all times. Support the QHSE Business Partner to meet compliance obligations.
- Ensuring full use of the companies scheduling and planning tools in collaboration with the support functions to ensure effective use of technician time and reduce unnecessary overtime and subcontractors.
- Provide operational and technical support to the site based technicians.
- Motivate, lead and develop the team towards a service excellence approach across your sites.
- Ensure effective inventory management, including levels, controlling and reporting.
- Adhere to all internal budget management and financial controls. Ensure cost control tracking systems are in place and monitored on a regular basis. Ensure the order to invoice process is followed.
- Ensure all team members follow and adhere to the WTSR.
- Ensure all service/maintenance activities are recorded and captured in a detailed monthly report for each site. Ensure the commercial and finance team has visibility of accurate service/billing data in a timely manner.
- Ensure a suitable level/type of tooling/plant/ equipment is in place for each O&M contract.
- Ensure suitable levels/type of vehicles and fuel arrangements are in place to meet contractual obligations.
- Ensure the O&M team training/competencies meet contractual obligation. Support the QHSE training department where required.
- Ensure all site documentation - manuals/notice boards etc.; including contractual reporting mechanisms are in place. Along with sufficient/accurate/timely communication across the O&M team and supporting business functions.
- Support the O&M Manager in developing and growing the business unit and liaise with the AE to ensure a safe working environment
- Have an ability to be client facing when required
Experience and professional qualifications
To succeed in this role, you must have 2-5 years experience working as an AT (WTSR) and Lead Technician, specifically with Siemens turbines. Experience with/on differing sub 2mw technology, including fault finding, servicing, major component changes, blade works and other services associated with O&M would be of great advantage.
Proficiency in SAP would be an advantage.
You will hold all GWO certification including medical, working at height, first aid, hub rescue, fire awareness, in order to fulfill your duties.
You will have a mechanical and/or electrical background, ideally gained via an apprenticeship scheme and qualified to a minimum of level 3, with an electrical or mechanical degree/HND advantageous. You will also command a sound knowledge and understanding of how to manage and maintain general safety and safety awareness. You must be physically fit and comfortable working at heights and coping with the respective and associated challenges this brings.
You will command a high level of literal, written and verbal English skills and you will also have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel). We expect you to have a full driver’s license and travel around the UK and Ireland to various sites will be required.
As a person, you are flexible and dependable, and a team player who is able to influence and lead others in a positive manner. You are a self-starter and able to take a task from inception to completion. You have excellent organisational and time-management skills as well as excellent communication skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job