Working for Thorne Widgery as part of the Audit team is exciting and challenging. The technical skills you bring are important and we’ll help you develop them, but your attitude and enthusiasm for our business will be key as you contribute to and support our plans for the future; as we are the largest independent Chartered Accountancy practice and Business Consultancy in Herefordshire and growing.
Based in the Herefordshire country side, yet within 10 minutes’ drive to the city centre or within an hour of Shropshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and Wales.
This is the chance to join a forward thinking and progressive business who deliver excellence in results and build long term relationships. Our Audit team work closely with our clients to help add value and become a key part of their team.
The opportunity will be in the first instance a maternity fixed term contract with a minimum of 6 months and a potential to become a permanent member of the team.
You will be self-motivated, highly organised and analytical with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. You will have excellent communication skills and experience of influencing stake holders. You will thrive on participating in and managing projects, identifying improvements and delivering a great service as well as having an approach that fits with our company values.
- P/Qual or Qualified ACA/ACCA (QBE will also be considered)
- Have at least 18 months experience within UK accountancy practice
- Audit as a significant proportion of your previous role
- Up to date technical knowledge and skills in the audit field
- Organisational and time management skills
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Highly motivated, committed with positive and ambitious attitude
- An enquiring mind is encouraged
- Undertake audits and assurance work of limited companies, charities, education clients and other not for profit sector clients
- Accountable for audits assigned, including planning, execution and completion of work on time and to budget
- Working closely with a manager to meet client and professional development targets
- Managing the working of, and developing junior team members
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients and their staff, undertake a pro-active interest and awareness of client sectors and businesses
- Support and work with Audit team and across other areas of the practice
- Responsible for self-development
What do we offer?
The opportunity to be part of a dynamic fast-paced company with an expanding footprint and competitive benefits package.
The role will be challenging and busy yet exciting - on offer is a fantastic work, life and fun balance, a great work environment plus the chance to make a real contribution to the future success of the business.
A very competitive salary, be part of team wide events like "thank you Friday’s" and a FTC bonus scheme with the addition of free onsite parking.
- Communication Skills
- Time Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job