Rutherford Briant are recruiting for an Audit Supervisor to join a Top 15 firm based in London that's a part of their Financial Services team, on a full-time basis.
As Audit Supervisor you will lead a substantial number of financial services audits, with a focus on investment funds across a range of investment strategies, helping to achieve a high standard of client service in an effective manner.
They are looking for well-motivated and forward-thinking individuals as they continue to expand the financial services team. If you are excited to meet and build great relationships with new clients and companies and want to thrive in a collaborative, social and supportive environment, we would love to hear from you.
Audit Supervisor Responsibilities
- Complete audits in accordance with prescribed audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff and partners where required
- Produce detailed audit planning, including details of potential difficulties and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence
- Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensuring that deadlines and budgets are well managed
- Review or complete audit cycles the file before passing files on to the senior member of the team for review
- Responsible for final analytical reviews
- Draft letters to audit clients
- Produce and review sets of financial statements
- Produce a short summary on key client issues and the contents of the accounts before passing to the senior member of the team
- Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff - give detailed help and training as required, to enhance future effectiveness
- Monitor the performance of staff working on jobs, including giving feedback after files have been reviewed and completing audit review form at the end of each job
- To supervise staff - brief staff and allocate tasks and timescales
- Ensure effective on the job training for all staff occurs
- Complete staff assessment forms
- Act as key point of liaison with client for information or queries
- Resolve most technical queries from junior staff
- Draft common types of audit report and client letters
Audit Supervisor Qualifications and Skills
- ACA or ACCA, fully qualified with practice experience
- 3+ years of audit experience
- Excellent audit analysis skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer literate - good Excel and Word experience.
- CaseWare (accounts and audit) experience would be useful.
- Previous experience of supervising/mentoring junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Familiarity with IFRS, ISA, US GAAP & GAAS would be an asset but not required
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written, with an ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Audit Supervisor Benefits
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'