I am pleased to be supporting a large privately owned business with their recruitment of an Audit & Risk Specialist.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance your key responsibilities will be to maintain (and where appropriate) strengthen the financial internal control environment within the Group. You will also be supporting the Group with its obligations in respect of statutory reporting, accounting principles, tax obligations, other legislation and regulation.
This will be an operational and hands on position which will see you interact with department heads across the business.
Additional duties will include:
- Imputing and enhancing the risk based assurance model within the Group
- Advising on the design of key financial systems to prevent and detect incorrect transactions and safeguard assets
- Conduct an agreed programme of work in order to effectively assess and test key financial processes and systems on a periodic basis
- Evaluate findings and with colleagues to develop an agreed action plan, identify and suggest improvements where needed
- Monitor, support and report on progress of agreed action plans
- Suggest improvements to create efficiencies, or improve value for money
- Business process change - assess and advise on the impact of change on the internal controls on a consultancy basis
Experience & Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of risk based auditing techniques (internal and/or external audit) across a range of business activities
- A financial background, preferably a Qualified Accountant
- Experience of computer auditing techniques and/or data mining an advantage
- Good all round knowledge of desktop packages and specifically Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job