The quality and efficiency of our audits is also increasingly supported in delivery by various software tools and services. These include Atlas (and for the time being the legacy UK audit software, +Vantage) but also include a myriad of other software used across the firm but with specific application relevance to the Audit & Assurance service line in the UK, currently including but not limited to:
• Confirmation.com - for bank letters;
• TeamMate Analytics – add in to Excel;
• Caseware – preparation of accounts software (primarily an AOS tool);
• Hedgebook – for checking valuation of vanilla hedges; and
• Zanran – for automated casting of accounts.
We have identified a need for an overall co-ordinator of software support and development to the Audit and Assurance service line, being not an IT technical role, but rather someone to drive efficiency and quality in the overall use and development of audit and audit-related software in the UK in conjunction with our colleagues around the Mazars world.
• Oversee and co-ordinate the Atlas UK superusers post hand-over from the Atlas UK implementation team
• Lead UK influence and drive for quality and efficiency improvement in the ongoing development of Atlas across Mazars
• Act as key liaison point within Mazars for key UK software supplier relationships as an influencer for development of software to help underpin quality and efficiency within Audit and Assurance, both for existing software and potential new software (in conjunction with other service lines, the Technology Solutions team and Mazars group including the MAM team)
• Oversee liaison with other established software superuser groups, such as Caseware superusers, on behalf of the Audit & Assurance service line
• Review and develop as necessary appropriate support structures within the Audit and Assurance service line for audit and audit-related software used in the UK
• Drive efficient use of existing software through:
o Co-ordination of sharing of best practice
o Overseeing the development of relevant practical training and other communications to the Audit and Assurance service line associated with the efficient effective use of audit software
o Other innovative approaches to influencing take-up of use of new and existing software solutions
• Lead on improvements across the operational side of audit including but not limited to:
o Mazars Office add-ins for Excel and Powerpoint coming from Mazars group to the UK
o Retain upgrades across the firm
o Working with Biztech on the transition out of MVD
o Promoting the use of MS Teams
• Identify and lead on other opportunities for technology solution development for the Audit and Assurance service line, potentially including but not limited to such matters as:
o PowerBI – can we use this to improve how we present information (e.g. journals testing from teammate)?
o Atlas analytics
o Audit stocktake application
As well as a strong auditing technical background, we are looking for someone with a passion for driving quality and efficiency through the use of technology.
The Successful candidate will be well organised, able to work to deadlines and have excellent influencing skills. A reasonable level of IT proficiency would also be expected
This is a new role within the firm and as such will be high profile around the firm, frequently interacting with audit teams and partners as well as third party suppliers, so strong interpersonal skills are essential.
ACA or equivalent professional qualification required.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'