My client a dynamic multi-disciplinary accountancy and business advisory practice operating from multiple offices. This role will be based from their Guildford office.
About the Role
You will be either newly qualified or have up to 2 year’s post qualified experience. The role involves working as a "Senior" on audit and accounting assignments with a wide selection of clients across the South East of England. Supervising and training new and junior members of staff in accountancy and audit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and audit of statutory accounts to comply with UK GAAP and International auditing and accounting standards. The role will be approximately 75% audit work, and 25% financial accounting/general duties.
- Preparation of accounts for partnerships and sole traders.
- Preparation of management accounts
The successful Audit Senior will have:
- Newly Qualified ACA or ACCA; or up to 2 years’ post-qualified experience
- Experience of acting as a supervising senior on Audit Clients, turnover minimum £10.2m, audit team 2+
- Strong IT skills including good knowledge of Excel and experience of audit software.
- Experience/expertise in charity auditing and reporting
- Experience and working knowledge of Xero
- Experience of paperless auditing
- The ability to work flexibly with willingness to travel to client sites
Pension, Healthcare, Flexitime 35 hours (the core hours are 10.00am -4.00pm)
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'