Our Kent region is currently recruiting for an Audit Senior to join them on a permanent basis.
As Audit Senior in Kent, you will join a closely-knit team to provide a first-class service to our portfolio of local and national clients.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (20 days plus bank holidays with the option to buy, while on a training contract)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Car Lease Scheme
- Paid time for CSR
- And more!
In 2019 alone, we won National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
- Produce a detailed audit planning memorandum, including details of any potential difficulties that may have been encountered during previous audits and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence, discuss with Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager
- Raise audit issues to managers at the earliest possible point
- Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them
- Answer queries from juniors throughout the audit
- Review junior members of staff work before passing onto managers for review.
- Complete audits in accordance with MHA MacIntyre Hudson audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff where required
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems that are encountered to ensure that the audit is finished within budget and timeframe
- Check and supervise the work of more junior staff both on site and in office and complete any sections as necessary
- Ensure all hours worked on any client are recorded correctly, enabling a true reflection of the profitability of the job to be shown
- Complete analysis of items for tax
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and/or queries and complete the file before passing it on to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager for review
- Job completion tasks - tasks would include:
- filling in required documentation
- preparation of Key Issues Memorandum including commentary on accounts
- summary of outstanding points to managers
- final analytical review
- cast accounts, check referencing
- ensure lead schedules agree to accounts
- pass file to Manager for review
- clear all review points
- make any amendments necessary
- Draft letters to clients in relation to the audit/accounts
You will also be responsible for guiding and mentoring Juniors, supporting their development in role and delegating work suitable to their level.
- ACA or ACCA, nearly qualified auditor with practice experience ideally 2/3 years minimum
- Excellent accounts preparation skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience - Sage, Xero, Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare (accounts and audit) and tax software
- Experience of the Academies Sector would be an advantage
- Previous experience of supervising junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and being able to prioritise tasks independently
- Be positive and committed to MHA MacIntyre Hudson in dealings with both clients and staff
- Driving license and access to a car is essential for the role.
If this is a role that is of interest to you, please apply within.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers or used in any way during the selection process.
- Client Services
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'