Reporting to the Audit Manager and Partners, this Audit Senior position is designed to provide a high level of service to various audit clients. The main purpose of the role is to ensure compliance with GAAP and practical guidance is provided on regulatory matters such as tax and VAT regulations, requirements of UK law and the principles of good governance.
Clients include companies which fall under the Act as well as charities, solicitors, clubs and academies. This Audit Senior role will evolve to take full responsibility for a portfolio of such clients.
Duties will include:
- Managing audits both in but primarily out of the office using a computerised audit system
- As Audit Senior to supervise and assist junior team members both in house and off site
- To delegate and review work of junior team members; including audit files, draft documentation, accounts and corporation tax computations
- Liaison with and dealing with client queries
- To attend client meetings
- Ensure client engagement documentation is up to date
- Drafting of client invoices and to chase outstanding invoices
- Regular review of client Work In Progress and debtors
- To assist in the preparation of proposals for new work, where necessary
- To act as a mentor for junior team members and provide day to day training
- Attendance at marketing events
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Qualified at ACA or ACCA
- Previous experience in practice
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Experience of completing audit and accounts work for a variety of business entities
- Possess a high level of technical knowledge combined with excellent commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
- Proficient in the use of using a computerised audit systems required for the Audit Senior role
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Ability to identify commercial and professional risks and ensure these are managed effectively
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Project a professional manner and appearance at all times
- Track record of successfully managing, motivating and leading junior staff on assignments
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Driver with access to a car
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Corporation Tax
- External Audit
- Staff Mentor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'