Audit Senior - £35,000 - £40,000 - Cardiff
We are seeking a fully qualified accountant with a focus on leading audits from planning to completion.
You'll deliver outstanding client service and demonstrate your technical ability by being fully conversant with UK GAP and experienced in carrying out and completing onsite audits.
If you are soon to qualify i.e. Finalist level then our client would like to hear from you.
Our clients' customers are owner managed businesses, predominantly in the local area. They traverse a range of sectors including; manufacturing and engineering, warehousing and distribution and include groups with revenues up to £250M.
Our client understands that entrepreneurs are driven by vision - and thrive on change. They know the importance of seizing the advantage in a constantly evolving environment and fully appreciate the powerful forces that motivate both small & medium-sized businesses (SMEs) and larger enterprises chasing growth.
Their values underpin how their expectation of how their people and clients should have a positive experience of dealing with this successful firm.
Through their core values of Service; Teamwork; Attitude and Relationships, their continued aim is for the clients to achieve their goals.
- Produce a detailed audit planning memorandum, including details of any potential difficulties that may have been encountered during previous audits and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence, discuss with Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager
- Plan how testing work should be allocated amongst junior team members
- Complete audits in accordance with the Firm's audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems that are encountered to ensure that the audit is finished within budget and timeframe
- Check and supervise the work of more junior staff both on site and in office and complete any sections as necessary
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and/or queries and complete the file before passing it on to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager for review.
- ACA or ACCA, fully qualified with practice experience
- Demonstrable experience leading onsite audits with commercial clients from planning to completion.
- Excellent accounts preparation skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Experience working with MS Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare and tax software
- Demonstrable success leading junior members of staff (18 months plus experience)
- Strong up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards, FRS102 in particular
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage deadlines
- Be positive and committed to the Firm in dealings with both clients and staff.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job