Ideal opportunity to develop your career, whether you long term goal to work in Practice or Commerce.
About The Role
You will be responsible for:
- Assist with the planning of audits and accounting assignments.
- Perform work in accordance with S&W audit and assignment procedures
- Prepare draft accounts/report and completion memo for review by manager
- Assist and perform training of junior staff.
- Plan, assign, monitor and review work of junior staff.
- Regular discussions with the client to confirm progress, identify solutions to any hurdles and ensure reasonable expectations are met.
- Establish relationship with key contacts at the client.
- Identify and highlight any opportunities for S&W apparent from work undertaken.
- Understand and appreciate key commercial aspects of the client’s business.
About Our Client
Top Tier Firm who provide accountancy, tax, corporate and financial advisory services to a diverse range of clients.
It is anticipated you will be ACA or ACCA qualified - or nearly qualified and have the following experience:
- Audit and accounts experience gained within a professional services firm.
- Strong communication skills, both internally and directly with clients.
- Experience of supervising others and delegation of work, or the desire to develop this skill.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
Things You Should Know
- Gain experience of a range of clients including private clients, corporates, AIM listed organisations professional practices, charities and non-profit organisations.
- Excellent salary and benefit package
- Genuine career progression either within the profession to Manager or in corporate roles such as Financial Controller
Commutable from: Addlestone, Aldershot, Alton, Andover, Ascot, Bagshot, Basingstoke, Bordon, Bournemouth, Bracknell, Bromley, Burgess Hill, Camberley, Caterham, Chertsey, Cobham, Cranleigh, Crawley, Croydon, Dorking, East Grinstead, Egham, Epsom, Esher, Farnborough, Farnham, Feltham, Fleet, Frimley, Gatwick, Godalming, Guildford, Haywards Heath, Hook, Horley, Horsham, Kingston, Leatherhead, Lightwater, London, Maidenhead, Petersfield, Portsmouth, Purley, Reading, Redhill, Reigate, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Slough, Southampton, Staines, Sunbury, Tonbridge, Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge, Windlesham, Windsor, Woking, Wokingham and Yateley.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job