Our client, a dynamic firm of Chartered Accountants, are looking for an Audit Senior to join their London office. This role sits within a really friendly and supportive team, and this is an excellent opportunity for an ACA / ACCA finalist to take the next step in their career.
As an Audit Senior, you will be responsible for the audits of client accounts, and the preparation of the client’s accounts. The split between audits and accounts is anticipated to be around 60/40.
Ideally, you will be an ACA or ACCA finalist, or qualified, and have previous experience within a similar role. You will also have excellent communication skills with a self-motivated attitude.
Key Responsibilities of an Audit Senior:
- The audit of client accounts from books and records that have been provided
- Preparation of client accounts including audit and non-audit clients
- Preparation of tax computations for both income tax and corporation tax based on accounts prepared
- Reconciliation of VAT and PAYE accounts and advising the manager or client directly of any adjustments needed concerning under payment or overpayments to the Tax Authorities
- Supervising the audit process on site, supporting and developing more junior members
Essential Skills and Experience for this Audit Senior role:
- Previous experience in an audit role, qualified to ACA standard
- Well-rounded knowledge of auditing standards and accounting principles
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ideally, you will be ACA qualified
Please note that candidates without practice experience will not be considered for this role.
For more information on this Audit Senior role please either apply directly, or contact Adam Munro at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.