The Audit Senior works as part of the audit team to participate in and lead staff on audit engagements, working directly with the client under manager supervision.
* Lead client audit engagements, which include planning executing, directing, and completing the audits.
* Ability to review management accounts and VAT Returns.
* Supervise, train and mentor Associates and Juniors on audit process.
* Research and analyse financial statement and audit related issues, as well as producing statutory accounts and draft tax computations.
* Acquire a working knowledge of the client's business.
* Proactively interact with key client's management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
* Build up good working relationships with clients and colleagues and develop advisory skills over time
* To monitor the progress of jobs to ensure that budgets are met
* To optimise use of IT, people and other resources at your disposal, maximising utilisation and recovery
* Sign off audit sections, address any issues and complete files before passing on to relevant managers
* To keep the contact manager, supervisor & others involved informed of developments
* To work as part of a team as well as independently
* To use initiative to solve problems or seek help/support where appropriate
* To take a broad approach to issues arising from file reviews and knowledge of clients so as to develop commercial and technical awareness
* Drafting client letters
* Perform other job related duties as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* ACA or ACCA Qualified with a demonstrable track record of audit experience in an accountancy practice
* Essential knowledge of accounting standards, auditing standards, corporation tax, VAT and P11d's
* Confident communication skills (both orally and in writing) in order to work effectively with Clients , Managers, Partners and colleagues
* Good client relationship skills
* Able to plan workload in advance, agreeing priorities to optimise the effectiveness of own contribution
* Demonstrable experience of supervising others and delegation of work
* Able to work under pressure of deadlines and cost budgets and be prepared to work as needed during the busy periods
* Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments with multiple clients within time constraints and deadlines.
* Able to project a professional and credible image and maintain confidentiality
* Ideally knowledge of Caseware, Sage, QuickBooks and AlphaTax
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION WITH ALL LEVELS OF INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
- Professional bodies
- Partner companies
SCOPE FOR IMPACT
- Contribution to the achievement of revenue growth by supporting the Company's business objectives through the development of the Audit team and client relationships.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'