Audit Senior / Audit Executive
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Accounting firm in Derby who are looking to strengthen their Assurance team and recruit for an Audit Senior (typically 70% Audit, 30% Accounts). The firm has an enviable reputation across the wider East & West Midlands area providing a full range of professional services to OMBs, PLCsand International Corporates - up to £100m turnover. Reporting to one of the Audit Managers, this is a fast-track role for the right candidate to Audit Director level and you will be responsible for:
- Managing your own Audit client portfolio and identifying opportunities for cross-selling
- Scheduling the Audit Job Control system, liaising and planning withthe Audit Manager as required
- Providing technical assistance and performing client account technical checks
- Ensuring all Audit engagements are in compliance with auditing standards and internal procedures
- Monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gaining a full understanding for the Manager.
- Performing audits from planning, fieldwork through to completion within an agreed budget for the assignment, including taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Becoming involved in more complex parts of audit assignments such as consolidations and cash flows, seeking help when required
- Training of junior staff as appropriate, allocating work in line with their abilities, and assisting in their development, including providing timely feedback through our 'job review process’.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for clients using Caseware and audit software packages
- Adhering to deadlines including prompt notification to the manager/partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Being technically up to date to in line with client work that is being performed and comfortable explaining accounting concepts to clients whilst out on site, as well as drafting audit findings reports.
To be considered for the Audit Senior role you should be a fully qualified ACA or ACCA Audit Senior/Executive from another Accountancy Firm with strong client auditing experience and staff management skills are preferred. You should be able to manage your own client portfolio, review the work of junior team members and be proactive with business development. You should be self-motivated, energetic, be able to take the initiative with excellent planning, organisational and team working skills.
On offer is a salary up to £40,000 with benefits to includecompany pension, healthcare and holidays. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other Audit Senior opportunities in Finance / Accounting or HR Services within London, Thames Valley & the Midlands region, please visit our website at http://www.mcginnisloy.com McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act
- External Audit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job