Audit Senior / Audit Executive
McGinnis Loy Associates is working with a highly renowned Top40 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their Audit team and recruit a Qualified Audit Senior / Audit Executive. The multi-office practice has an enviable reputation across London and the South-East providing a range of Audit & Accounting services to listed PLC's, OMBs and major private companies. Reporting to the Audit Director and assisting with managing their portfolio’s in excess of £1million, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the Audit process of major clients with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters (OMB & SMEs from £1m to £100m turnover).
- Preparing and reviewing audit work papers and drafts of company financial statements
- Producing client deliverables which include specifically drafting sections of the report to management.
- Delivering expertise across primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Ensuring all Audit engagements are in compliance with auditing standards and internal procedures
- Maintaining an up to date understanding of client businesses and developing good working relationships with client staff
- Identifying risk matters and raising them with a Manager and/or Director whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Identifying and understanding client needs, suggesting potential solutions on technical matters and communicating these solutions with Managers
- Developing junior members of staff within the Audit team on client premises and in the office.
To be considered for the Audit Senior / Audit Executive role you should ideally be a degree-educated and a fully qualified ACA/ACCA Audit Senior from another Top100 Accountancy Firm or Regional Practice with strong client Auditing skills and some previous staff supervisory skills. You should have excellent report and letter writing skills, and have assisted in managing key client portfolios consisting of both large corporate & OMB companies.
On offer is a salary up to £50,000 with benefits to include free parking, company pension and 20 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin @mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance / Accounting or HR Services within London, Thames Valley & the Midlands region, please visit our website at http://www.mcginnisloy.com McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act
- Auditing Standards
- External Audit
- Financial Statements