Audit Senior / Audit Assistant Manager
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top-rated Accounting Firm who are looking to strengthen their Auditing function and recruit a Qualified ACA/ACCA Audit Senior or Audit Assistant Manager for their London City office. Reporting to one of the Audit Directors, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the Audit process of major clients with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Preparing and reviewing work papers and drafts of company financial statements
- Producing client deliverables which include specifically drafting sections of the report to management.
- Delivering expertise across primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Ensuring all Audit engagements are in compliance with auditing standards and internal procedures
- Maintaining an up to date understanding of client businesses and developing good working relationships with client staff
- Assisting with the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for Manager or Partner review
- Identifying risk matters and raising them with a Manager and/or Partner whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Identifying and understanding client needs, suggesting potential solutions on technical matters and communicating these solutions with Managers
- Monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gaining a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervising and developing junior members of staff within the Audit team on client premises and in the office.
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant with previous Audit experience of small and medium-sized corporate businesses, and ideally from either a Top100 or a well-established regional Accountancy firm. You will have experience working in a team environment on multiple audit clients, building relationships with clients and internal management teams, and being able to prioritise and work to strict audit deadlines.
On offer is a salary to £45,000 depending on qualification and experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Accountancy Firm
- Audit Trail
- External Audit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job