Audit Senior/Assistant Manager
Leading global professional services firm requires new Audit Senior/Assistant Manager for its successful and growing Newcastle-based Assurance team that works with small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, ensuring reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies, handling complex data and audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
As Audit Senior/Assistant Manager, you’ll assist clients in meeting their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. You’ll be part of a diverse and inclusive team offering class-leading learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations, given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress.
With fantastic flexibility, variety and learning potential, the Audit Senior/Assistant Manager’s role includes:
• Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
• Ensuring completion of audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
• Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
• Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
• Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
To qualify for the Audit Senior/Assistant Manager role you must have:
• Strong Audit Senior or Assistant Audit Manager experience
• Confident and creative leadership skills and real comfort with autonomy and responsibility - a commercially astute and customer focussed approach
• ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
• Significant experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
• Proven project management skills
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
• Proven experience in public sector audit
• Experience using SOX 404 and applying UK GAAP and IFRS is also advantageous
Very competitive remuneration package on offer, including salary as displayed plus comprehensive benefits
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
- Big Four
- Internal Controls
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'