Our client is a top 10 accountancy firm, based in London with numerous offices across England.
As an Audit Semi Senior, you will be managing a wide range of clients including natural resource companies, tech companies, professional practices and retailers. Your work could range from conducting audits at clients' premises to preparing management or statutory accounts.
- Attending pre-audit discussions with the partner and manager
- Planning smaller audit assignments with the assistance of the audit partner and manager
- Ensuring an adequate briefing is held and other members of staff are briefed in detail
- Ensuring that the work undertaken on site is in accordance with the approved plan and budget
- Reviewing the work of more junior staff on each assignment and providing feedback to them
- Holding daily team meetings to assess progress on smaller assignments
- Completing small and large audit assignments under withdrawn supervision and passing complete files for review to the manager
- Handling specialist audit assignments - gaining experience at a junior level on solicitor reviews, charity audits and IFRS assignments.
- ACA part-qualified with no previous exam fails
- Detailed working knowledge of IFRS and FRS 102 and UK GAAP, essential
- Strong technical, analytical, and report writing skills
- Approximately 12-18 months relevant work experience in a top 30 Firm
- Accountancy audit based training
- Looking to progress through a training contract
- Able to pass relevant professional examinations and eager to attend training courses
- Possess IT skills in Word and Excel
- Demonstrable skills in audit software including Pentana Checker, Proaudit & Caseware
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job